- What will be the event format and will it be safe for the health of all participants?
The competition will be held in a hybrid format combining a “live” in-person event with a virtual online component. This means that when applying participants will be given the choice of whether they want to be physically present at the event venue or prefer to work remotely throughout the event. In case of online attendance participants will be provided with the necessary equipment and support to efficiently
work with their team on the business case.
In case the situation in Bulgaria deteriorates in the period before the event, the organizing team has the readiness to promptly react and increase the digital element of the Hackathon allowing all participants to join online if needed.
- Who can participate at the Business Marathon?
Eligible to apply are rather senior students in their 3rd or 4th year of studies as well as recent graduates from both Bulgarian and foreign
Students from all disciplines can apply but they need to have a specific interest and at least basic prior knowledge in economics, business, finance and/or management consulting.
Also, you do not need to be based in Sofia to apply for the Hackathon. Students from other Bulgarian cities or other countries can also
participate, as long as they can be in Sofia for the weekend of 17th and 19th of June when the event will take place. We will provide accommodation in Sofia during the competition for those participants.
- What exactly will be the business cases at the Business Marathon?
Potential case study topics include:
– Development of an Employer Branding Strategy;
– Development of a Marketing Strategy;
– Development of a Recruitment Strategy;
– Creation of a Business Plan for a new product/service;
– Creation of a Content Strategy;
– Development of Community Management Optimisation.
- Do I need to know English to participate?
Yes, very good command of the English language is a must for all participants, as all business cases they will need to solve as well as their solution presentations to the jury panel at the end will be entirely in English.
- Do I need to be Bulgarian or speak Bulgarian to participate?
No, students and recent graduates from all nationalities are invited to apply, as the competition will be held in English.
- Is there any participation fee?
No, participation at the Business Marathon is absolutely for free. The only condition is to apply through our application form by filling it out and uploading your CV and application case solution to the form before submission.
- Do I need to have prior experience in management consulting to participate?
Prior consulting knowledge is not necessary. However, applicants are required to have interest and at least basic knowledge in economics, business, finance and/or management consulting. We would encourage anyone willing to attend the Hackathon to get themselves familiar with the basic concepts and tools in business analysis, project management, corporate strategy analysis and business planning. We will be also providing resources and guidelines before and on the day of the Hackathon to make sure students of all skillsets and experience levels are catered for.
- Do I need to have IT technical skills to participate?
Not necessarily. The Hackathon is focused mostly on strategy rather than product. If you have technical or specific software skills and would like to use them to create a prototype, then this can only be of your advantage. However, technical and/or IT skills are not a prerequisite for participating.
- Can I apply with a team or there are only individual applications?
You are to apply individually, as we do not accept team applications. However, when submitting your application, you can leave us a comment in the form or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org raising you preference to work in a team with other applicant/s. This will be taken into consideration by us when we assess the applications and allocate the selected participants into teams but we cannot guarantee you wish will be respected to the full.
- Where will the Marathon be held?
The Business Marathon will be held in a hybrid format – an in-person participation in Sofia (please note that the venue will be announced soon) and a remote online connection.
- Will there be food or anything covered during the event?
Lunch and coffee breaks will be provided on both days during the event. There will also be an opening cocktail at Friday evening and a closing party at Sunday evening.
- I still have other questions. Who can I address them to?
If you have any other questions, you can ask us by sending us an email to email@example.com and we will respond to you in due time.